Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: bell

Blackberry randomly shutting down

My blackberry is not even two years old and I charge it, then remove it from the charger and leave the house. Within 1hr of leaving I make a phone call and once I finish the call(if it allows me to finish) the phone will just shut down. Nothing will turn it back on until I plug it in again, once it reboots then the battery is showing full charge and its back on. It could last 60 mins it could last 15mins, I went to the Bell mobile store for help. they told I would have to pay to send it away and pay to have it fixed. this phone isnt even two years old, its running the most current software and its been backed up and restored. Still it continues to do this, what gives? If a fix for is going to cost me money then a iPhone is being bought. Please help

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Blackberry randomly shutting down

Hello,
theres no need for an iPhone here, a BlackBerry i 10x better!
OK, firstly there may be something wrong with your battery.
Do you leave Wi-Fi, Bluetooth on all the time?
What applications do you keep running?
Do you leave 3G on?
Do you leave GPS on?
try keeping the above on and that may help dramatically increase your phone's battery life.
Keep us posted!
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: bell

I dont believe its the battery, as there is no error stating battery low. It just shuts off. 

WIFI and Bluetooth are not on

I have little to no apps, weather app and tsn.

Ive never shut off 3G or location.

These setting have never changed since I purchased my phone, if nothing has changed then why would it start shutting down. The Bell rep told me a new battery might help, however at $80 I am not putting $80 into a phone that I can upgrade in May. I need some help from someone before things go off the tracks, 

thanks for you suggestions 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Hello,
You can definately buy a BB battery for as low as 10 usd.
No need to pay 80
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi