Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry redirector intermittently stops forwarding messages.

I am using Blackberry 8830 World Edition on Verizon network. I am using Blackberry Desktop redirector version to forward messages to my device. (We're using Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000 Enterprise).

Here's the issue: about 2-3 times a month redirector stops forwarding messages to the device. As far as I can see, there's no rhyme or reason for it. The "Pending to device" count increases even though the device is on the network and has an excellent signal strength. To make messages flow again, I usually stop and start redirector software. At this point the number of pending messages drops and the remaining messages starts to go. Occasionally, restarting redirector is not enough at which point I reboot the PC. So far this tactic would always get the messages go.

However, I want to get to the root of the problem and make it work consistently. Can anyone explain me where the problem might be and how to get it resolved?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry redirector intermittently stops forwarding messages.

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Are you receiving any error messages when the condition occurs?

P.S. Thought you might want to look at this:

Could it be hibernation mode?

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-05-2008 01:03 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-05-2008 01:05 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry redirector intermittently stops forwarding messages.

I get no error messages or any other indications of the problem aside from "Pending to Device" count going up and no messages on the handheld device. I have seen KB-03286 and followed its logic only to arrive at "The handheld is successfully configured" end point.

I've looked at Exchange queue and I am not seeing anything being queued up on the server, which makes me believe the issue happens on the client. The PC is not configured to go into a hibernation.

I've verified that under normal operation I have 4 active redirector related TCP connections from the desktop. The first two are to the domain controller on port 1025 and the other two are to the Exchange server on port 4245. I guess my next step would be to see if any of these are missing when I have issues with the redirector.