Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: orange

Re: Blackberry shuts down when using camera, twitter or Facebook?

or would 1234 be     ALT1ers

is that it?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I don't think I understand that question...

If, on your BB keyboard, you type only 1234, the result will be (I think) aeru (or something like that -- at the moment, I don't have a non-touch BB device to look at the keys).

If you type ALT1ers, then the result will be 1ers.

Once you have your BB unlocked, open the MemoPad app and create a new memo...try out different things in there to see the results of how the key modifiers work.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

i entered what i thought was right and it's just come up with a white screen.
guessing its erasing its self
think this is the point when i get an iphone lol
thank you for all your help and patience
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

claudiath wrote:
i entered what i thought was right and it's just come up with a white screen.
guessing its erasing its self

Probably so...that's a shame. But security is the hallmark of BBs...no other mobile devices come close. You probably were thinking too hard about how to enter it correctly...the better thing to do would have been to let yourself just do it naturally. Then, after it unlocks and resets, you have time to play with it. But, with just that one chance left, it was, as required, completely unforgiving.

claudiath wrote:

think this is the point when i get an iphone lol

If that's what you want, then it's a valid decision. iFruit devices are much simpler...much less secure as well. The good news about our free society is that there are many solutions available...each person must evaluate what is important to them and then make their selection from what is available.

claudiath wrote:

thank you for all your help and patience

You are most welcome.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

yes i think maybe BB are to seacure for me as i am just a student who lives away from home and is now extemely upset that i have no way of contacting my family as all numbers have been whiped.

Hall of Famer III

claudiath wrote:

yes i think maybe BB are to seacure for me as i am just a student who lives away from home and is now extemely upset that i have no way of contacting my family as all numbers have been whiped.

Well, then you have learned a hard lesson:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity. And that can include, for worst case scenarios, paper-based lists and such of important things. Relying solely on a single piece of technology carries, as you have now learned, tremendous risk.

It is a shame that this happened, and I am truly sorry. It is a shame you proceeded entering the password wrongly so many times on the PC before stopping to realize that just doing the same thing over and over was not going to result in anything different. It is a shame, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Contributor

Well maybe BB should make it clear about entering passwords when connected to a PC 

I've tried to ignoring your attitude but it's been horrendous

sorry I'm not a computer geek who understand your terms

if your here to help try being politer to people who don't understand 

i think everyone knows that BB has issues 

i wanted a phone with out trouble and thats all it's causesd

Hall of Famer III

Well, I am sorry you feel that way. It is impossible to know, starting out and at this internet distance, just what level anyone is at. Throughout our entire interaction, I've tried to cater to all of your questions with complete honesty and adding details whenever you seemed to need them or asked for them. If you feel I've been horrendous, then I apologize for that, as it was never intended that way.

Good luck and good bye.