Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: T mobile

Blackberry storm 2 storm will not receive nor make call without prior hard reset before each calls

Hi, please my phone model is vzw bb storm 2 9550. I bought it as an unlocked phone and I've been using it for over a year now on tmobile network. I travelled out of the united state a month ago, and on getting back to the state, I have been having issues with both outgoing and incoming calls. Calls will not connect nor come in unless I perform hard reset or move out of my zip code. Its been so frustrating bcoz I will have to do a hard reset before each calls I have to make. I talked to my service provider on this but they havent be a ble to come up with any solution. Can anyone help out please

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Blackberry storm 2 storm will not receive nor make call without prior hard reset before each calls

Hello Dachsilsam

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

What is roaming?
It is the service that allows your phone line will run when you travel abroad. You can:
Making and receiving calls
Send and receive SMS and MMS
Internet browser, email download and use apps on your smartphone

Call your service operator and consultation if your service is activated.

On your BlackBerry go to mobile network options

Verify that you have activated roaming.

Regards.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry storm 2 storm will not receive nor make call without prior hard reset before each calls

gutijose14 wrote:

Call your service operator and consultation if your service is activated. .

@gutijose14 
I think the user stated very clearly stated he had called his Tmobile provider and they can't help, as this is a Verizon-branded BlackBerry Storm 9550, and Tmobile has never sold and doesn't support the Storm.

@Dahcilsam it is odd indeed that this happens when you leave your zip code... when you are local to your home, it works correctly, is that right? or still requires the reboot prior to calling each time?

First, I would suggest a free SIM card swap from Tmobile. They should do that with no problem.

Have you had a BIS BlackBerry data plan on this account, to get email and internet service?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code