Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry storm 9530 GPRS activation problem

I bought a blackberry storm 9530 unlocked from the US with a VZ SIM card in it. I replaced the SIM with my preferred network SIM when i return to West Africa. I was able to use the basic functionalities from the GSM service provider.
I went to activate the BES service to enable me setup for corporate mails on my BB,
the SP said he expect to see GPRS/EDGE (caps) beside the signal display, but in my case came as gprs/edge and so it will not be possible to connect to the internet and the BES service.

I have wipe the handheld deivce twice but still no result.

I am really confused as to what to do next. My OS running is V 4.7.0.65

Solutions: 6,394
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry storm 9530 GPRS activation problem

Look at the link below what has to be done for the 9530 to work on GSM for ATT and TMobile in the US.

Similarly, you will need to do the same on yours but with the Service Books from your carrier.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/180267-unlocked-storm-t-t-mobil...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code