Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 8310 (EDGE)

Blackberry storm project

I have a regular 8310 Blackberry.  I like it so much that I decided to buy another one to my wife. At the store we saw the newest release (STORM- version) and decided that we should have the latest product.  Bad decision!  The phone is expensive, very slow and difficult to digitize, and more important, weird in terms of project design.  In this regard, there is a MUTE key right were you place your ear to talk, and the result?  The person that you are talking to doesn’t listen to what you are saying because the MUTE button was activated by your ear.  That is not a smart project.  After one week of real struggle I decided that we didn’t want that phone anymore, because it was clearly a downgrade instead of an upgrade.  We were feeling as if we bought a much worse product than the one that I have, and that is very good product. 

Well, then it came my definite frustration because the store didn’t give me my money back (about 1,700 US$) or didn’t even trade in a device like the old one that I am still using, and satisfactorily.

Use this information as you wish, wisely.

Best regards,

Juliano Macedo

P.S.: By the way, I was installing my old (and good) Blackberry in a new laptop and found this intriguing homepage telling me to press a button that doesn’t exist in the screen.  Can you please ask the guys to fix it?  The page address is: http://br.blackberry.com/support/

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry storm project

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

We are so sorry that you are having so many difficulties. While many experience the same (a search here will reveal that fact), there are also many who have very positive experiences with their BB. Not every device is suitable for everyone -- which IMHO is why there are so many choices.

In regards to your hope that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

If you desire to ask other users for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................