Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Blackberry switches off on its own unless it is on charge

Yeah I upgraded my software in the hope of fixing the problem... no luck. The issue started before the upgrade though so the software is not the problem.... Grates me that there's an issue like this with a phone that's just about new. Not to mention its been  looked after, you'd swear its been through swimming pools and a spin cycle with the way its **bleep**ing out.

But the annoying thing now is the latest version does not allow you to select the 2G network option on its own like the previous version. Only 3G, or 3G and 2G. And I used to keep 2G selected because 3G chows battery like a beast.So annoying that they dont make batteries able to endure the many 'advanced' aspects of cellphones nowadays.

Focus is diverting away from the basic necessecities of cellphones lately, and being wasted on pretty enhancements that are just meaningless if you dont have the basics. Perfect example - Whats the point of 3G if your phone's flat after a few hours? Seriously, its not that hard to be a little more practical. Is it asking too much?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry switches off on its own unless it is on charge

maybe you can try to have your carrier resend the service books.

and the host routing table too, may help with the cellular network.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: