Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry sync with Outlook set up with Scalix connector

Dear All, 

Since the company moved to Scalix email server, we are having troubles with syncing Blackberries with Outlook calendars, contacts etc. The problem is that outlook communicates with Scalix server by Scalix-outlook connector provided by Xandros (scalix owner).

When outlook is configured with scalix connector there is no .pst file so Blackberry Desktop Manager software has nothing to synchronize with, unfortunately.

I have been googling for few days and did not find the solution or workaround so maybe here somebody has experienced any similar problem.

The error messages I receive when try to configure PIM is:

"The file or database name associated with MS Outlook is missing, invalid, or points to a file of zero length""Use the 'Browse' button to locate the file or database you wish to use with this application." 

Thank you in advance,

Greg

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Blackberry sync with Outlook set up with Scalix connector

Hi gregc,

The desktop manager syncs with the pst (or mailbox in the case of exchange).  So there is no easy way to synchronize with your setup.  One solution is to back up your Outlook to a pst and synchronize with that.  This is not a great solution tho because when you back up Outlook to the pst, it is only accurate up to the time that you created the pst and it will only synchronize to the PST (so this is useful for getting data from  the mailbox to theBlackBerry but not from BB to mailbox)

Possibly scalix has an add it for the Desktop Manager that could help you.

Cheers

New Contributor

Hi Bolder,

Thank you for that reply.

I will post here a solution if I get anything from Scalix.

Kind Regards

Greg

New Contributor

We are using software called Notifylink and does the syncing of email, contacts, and calendar, but does not do notes.  For the notes I installed desktop manager on my computer and was able to set it up to just sync the notes, BUT it is truncating any of my longer notes.  Still haven't found the solution to that one..
Highlighted
New Contributor

We have found we can sync using DM 4.2.1.8. More recent versions will not work, however. It ain't pretty, but it seems to work fine.
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hey I just had the same problem with a blackberry installation in switzerland!

Would anyone know where I can download the working DM 4.2.1.8? Or maybe mail me? Smiley Happy

Thanks it was worth a shot!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ITCons wrote:

Hey I just had the same problem with a blackberry installation in switzerland!

Would anyone know where I can download the working DM 4.2.1.8? Or maybe mail me? Smiley Happy

Thanks it was worth a shot!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You can find all versions of DTM here:

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................