Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry torch 9800 but working! doesnt turn on without charging and when charging gets a red cross! help!

hey im new to this fourms but i had no where else to turn. ive bought an blackberry torch 9800 of the internet and i cant get it to work in the slightest. here is what im experiancing

when trying to turn on i get nothing not even an LED or screen(just blank)

when i put it on charge i get a red LED and a battery sign with a red cross in it

ive tryed connecting it to my computer but desktop manager gives me this error:

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/wssdxy.png[/IMG]

ive tryed updating but it always failes on reconnecting to JVM or somthing like that

ive tried 3 new batteryes and its always the same

ive taken it to a repair shop and they reckon its water damaged but it has no signes of water damage?

the phones in perfect condiditon

any help will be greatly appreciated

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry torch 9800 but working! doesnt turn on without charging and when charging gets a red cross! help!

anyone know anything?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry torch 9800 but working! doesnt turn on without charging and when charging gets a red cross! help!

Sounds like a bad device. Have you contacted the seller?

If it is a under depleted battery

power up the device with out battery then insert after RED LED comes on and charge for 15 min and repeat 6 times unless it turns on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

thanks for the reply, ive tryed it and still no luck

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Airtel India

Hey, did you guys found any solution for the problem, im facing the same problem with my brand new blackberry torch ! :-0

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I had this problem. I just left it on the charger for a day with the crossed out battery showing, pulled the battery, put it back in. Let it charge for a night did the same thing. Kept doing that a few times. Eventually one time I put the battery back in and it started up automatically after a few seconds, and it had an error 507. I just had to connect it to the desktop software and update it. It's been working now.