Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry torch 9800 issues !!

Hi, I have a blackberry torch 9800, which I bought about 2 years back in India. I used it for 6 months then shifted to USA. Since then I have been using iPhone on contract. I just changed it to go back on my bb, but it's just creating one issue after the other. Before in india it worked absolutely fine.My mobile carrier is t-mobile. The issues are as follows : 1. My blackberry workd id does not get verified on the device, however it works absolutely fine on my pc. To rectify this error i restored my device to factory settings after reading bout it in forums. after that the problems seem to have multiplied. 2. I cannot set up my personal mails, as it does not show personal mail setup option at all, which was not the case before. 3.After reading bout the blackberry.com/integrate, I tried to rectify the above error, but it keeps giving me the error that my service provider in India has suspended the service. I would have understood if this was the case if I was in India, but I am not, and I am not using an Indian mobile service provider. 4.i cannot set up blackberry protect, and the error message is that my service provider does not authorize it. Plsssss help. I am extremely harassed by this cell. I used to love my blackberry and I now it just seems to piss me off every single minute of the day. P.S. I called up bb service center, they transferred me to tmobile, and then in return tmobile transferred me back to bb service center, with no help in the end. Really annoyed now, as u can see its around 3:30 in the morning est !!! Hope to hear from anyone soon !!
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry torch 9800 issues !!

Which carrier did you use in India with the Blackberry 9800?? As Tmobile only work with GSM network.

Now you said you swtich from IPHONE back to the Blackberry 9800. Do you have a Blackberry DATA plan now on tmobile? No just the regular data plan. As regular data plan does not work with Blackberry.
New Contributor

Hi teaboy1748
I used AIRTEL which also works on GSM in India.
I have the t-mobile talk text and data, which is the plan that they offer for smart phones.
Developer

I believe the talk text and data is the newer plan that they have now??
The 9800 phone reqiure the BIS Data Plan

The newer Blackberry 10 Devices do not reqiure BIS Data Plans.
New Contributor

Hmmm...
Ok...shall go and speak to t mobile and see what they say.
Shall update on that.
Thanks so much
New Contributor

Spoke to t mobile ppl. They have to switch the blackberry services on as u had specified. Though its no extra charge. Now my cell is working absolutely fine.
Thanks so much !!
Developer

Yup, If you have any other problem or questions feel free to post on the blackberry community support forum Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Thanks..infant I did...cud u help me with something else as well..
1. M looking for a good GPS app for the same device...not able to get a good one...
2. Also just one question, how can I know for certain that my wifi data is being used instead of data plan of the device ?

Thanks in advance
Developer

Wisepilot-GPS Navigator Paid APP
Waze Free App

Their is a app call telicost that tracks how much wifi data and phone data is being used. also sms and minutes