Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Blackberry torch 9860 ,LED blinking doesn't get powered on

Hi All,

Torch 9860 not booting up, LED blinking.

1.) Have tried by replacing working battery.

2.) Have tried to reload OS but pc doesn't dedect it.

3.) There is hardware damage (Screen is perfect).

Por favor....

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Blackberry torch 9860 ,LED blinking doesn't get powered on

If the PC doesn't detect the device and you are pretty sure that the USB data cable is good, try plugging the device without the battery to the PC with the Desktop Manager pulled up and if it prompted you Retry, Update or Cancel - choose Update.

Let us know the progress.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III

USB cable is tested and ok.

I connected it after pulling battery & clicked on update but there is no response since then...it is showing checking for update..

Should i wait more or have to try some other resolution.

Thanks...!

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: unknown

Having the same problem

I tried your solution but desktop manager has shown nothing.

May I ask you an IMEI no. can search for its carrier shop for claiming ? because I bought this 9860 from unknown person from abroad.

Forums Veteran I

unleashurself wrote:

USB cable is tested and ok.

I connected it after pulling battery & clicked on update but there is no response since then...it is showing checking for update..

Should i wait more or have to try some other resolution.

Thanks...!

please  make sure your computer is connected to the internet in order for you to get the updates

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Forums Advisor III

Yeah.. it is connected with internet (On same pc I am updating post Smiley Happy)

Moreover, yesterday i downloaded 9860 device software & installed on this pc as well.

Thanks..!!

Forums Veteran I

If you recently downloaded a device software on your PC, please install it then follow these steps:

- On your PC, go to C:/ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Apploader

- Locate the file Vendor.xml and permanently delete it (shift+del) do this if the OS is from another Carrier

- Plug in your device to the computer via USB cable and then double click on the Loader.exe file

The Application Loader Wizard will start up and you will need to select 'Next'

The Wizard should automatically detect the port and should display USB and your PIN number. Select 'Next'

- It will then tell you what applications you want to retain, removed or added.

DO NOT UNPLUG the device from the computer and DO NOT UNPLUG the USB cable from the device. This will cause you to have a bricked device and definitely give you a headache. Just be patient. When the Application Loader Wizard is finished the Wizard will say Loading Operation is Complete.

Goodluck

Ron

Forums Advisor III

Hi Ron,

I did the same things as mentioned in yuor post, dedected my device, when i clicked on next..it was showing connecting to Device (ARM) and stuck on this screen from past two hrs.

What should i Do, wait or cancel..?

Forums Advisor III

Hi,

Any help on this..??

Thanks..!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V