Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry torch 9860 stuck on boot up screen

My blackberry gets up to a certain point on the boot bar and then stops and stays there until I do a battery pull. People have said to connect to my computer to do an OS reset but unfortunately my mini USB port has broke, any ideas on how to fix this without connecting it to my computer, all replies will be much appreciated, thank you in advance!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Blackberry torch 9860 stuck on boot up screen

Smiley Sad

Without being able to use the USB cable I don't know of a way of getting the software on your device.

Lets try safe mode:
Battery pull, insert battery and when the red light goes off, hold down the back key through the entire boot process.  It will give you a message about safe mode.    
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17877

If you cannot get into safe mode, you will have to take it to the store for repair or replacement.  I'm suggesting safe mode but this is a long shot.  There could be some app thats causing the boot to loop over and over and it can be removed in safe mode.  But if some system files are corrupt, safe mode may not work.

Will I still get the message even if it doesn't fully boot? Because it only gets about 3/4 to the endSmiley Sad
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

Dang.  if safe mode doens't work and a broken USB port, I don't know of a way of getting to the software.  Sorry!!!

But you're with t-mobile?  Call and ask about their new Jump plan.  You may be able to get that phone replaced.

www.t-mobile.com/JUMP

I will try that! Thank you for your helpSmiley Happy