Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: vodaphone

Blackberry torch blank screen

Hope someone can help me, my daughter has had her torch since December,2012 noticed a problem with her slider last week, and then the screen went blank. ..She took it to carphone warehouse, who sent it off for repair.  They have come back and said that it is customer damage, based on their is a few scuff marks, from normal wear and tear. I went in the shop today, and the manager is not budging from this and they want £168 to repair it. ... She said she has not dropped it recently, surely, it is still covered by manufactures warranty.   Is there any other options for me to try, this phone is on a 2 year contract,  So now going to be paying for another 15 months with no phone.   please help,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry torch blank screen

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Based on what you now know from the above links, you also can surmise that there is no way, at an internet distance, to provide you with any diagnosis of your issues nor to second guess the evaluation you have received. What you describe indeed sounds like a hardware issue...but whether it is defect or damage is something that cannot possibly be diagnosed at an internet distance. If you don't trust those who have so far given you an evaluation and estimate, then you should seek out another local (to you) shop to give you a second opinion. But such second opinions, at our internet distance, would be quite impossible to render.

fedupmum wrote:

surely, it is still covered by manufactures warranty.

It indeed is...as long as that warranty has not been voided. From the evaluation you have reported, it sounds like sadly that is the case. But, again, from those first links I gave you, you now know what exactly your manufacturers warranty means (it's not a contract between you and BlackBerry, but rather between you and your original place of purchase).

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: vodaphone

Thanks for the informations, from what I understand from the shop, it is their own  engineers at Carphone Warehouse that decided the fault,,was customer damage,  can I not insist that they send it to the blackberry service centre for a second opinion.  Or maybe I ask vodaphone, who are her network provider, see if they will look at it. I just feel they dont want to fix the problem, and because of a couple of marks on the casing, want to blame her for it.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You have to follow whatever your contract says, for that is what you agreed to upon purchase. If it says you can appeal elsewhere, then indeed you can do so. But I have no way to know what your specific contract says.

You can of course appeal to anywhere you desire...whether or not they will be willing to help is a decision for them to make.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................