Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry torch seems dead?

Last week my blackberry torch 9810 crashed while I was not using it, and I returned to find a red light flashing very slowly. Thinking that the battery was flat I left it charging, still nothing. So I left in unplugged for a day and tried charging again. This time, the charging indicator appeared in the middle of the screen, and disappeared after 5 minutes. The phone did not start.

After days of trying, a message randomly appeared on the screen saying Error 507, and asked me to reinstall the OS. So I connected to the computer and started the update, but it reaches reconnecting to JVM and failed each time. The error message never appeared again and the phone returned to its flashing red light.

Is there any hope for it? What should I do?

Thanks in advance!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry torch seems dead?

Did you download the update directly to the computer or did you try through BlackBerry Desktop Software?  

I recommend the following:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5 Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I had tried both methods of loading the OS with no luck. both failed at reconnecting to JVM.

BBSAK dosnt detect the phone. Only blackberry desktop software does and says that it cannot communicate with the phone. following the on screen steps to update that it provides does not help.

is there anything else i can try?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Try with the battery removed.  When the load process begins reinsert the battery.  You can also experiement with waiting until different points to reinsert the battery.  Often times just the right timing will allow the OS to be reloaded to the device.  Also, instead of just double clicking on Loader.exe do the following:

Open a command window by going to Start >Run & type "CMD"

Then type cd.. and <hit enter> until you get to c:\

Then type:

cd Program files <hit enter>

cd common files <hit enter>

cd research in motion <hit enter>

cd apploader <hit enter>

then make sure Desktop Software isn't running and connect the device.

Then type  loader.exe /nojvm
 and try the load again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Its alive again! Thankyou ever so much!

the /nojvm option did the trick!

Thanks again!

Guru II

Glad to hear!