Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: orange

Blackberry torch won't turn on - long flashing light - PLEASE HELP

Please can somebody help me, I have a blackberry torch 9810 and last week the battery drained & it switched off, now I cant get it to turn back on, I just have a continous red light coming on and off every few seconds, the computer cannot pick it up & i do not want to do a restore as I have my 1 year olds pics onthere from when she was born.

Please can someone help me?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry torch won't turn on - long flashing light - PLEASE HELP

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Contrary to older battery technologies, these do not like to be fully drained...such has been known to damage the battery, including rendering it useless. But, to test, some things must be done...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for this, I am trying it now.  For the second lot of 2 hours do I remove it from the wall charger?

Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on.

Jo

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If you mean step 6 above...no...I did say this, after all:

• throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB)

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Oh yes, I have just re-read, my apologies

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi there

Just completed the 4 hour 15 attempt to get phone to work,  unfortunately still not working and LED still slowly flashing,  are you aware of anything I can do just to get my pictures off the phone?.

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

evansj2p wrote:

Just completed the 4 hour 15 attempt to get phone to work,  unfortunately still not working and LED still slowly flashing 

Now you need to move onto the 2nd thing I recommended.

evansj2p wrote:

are you aware of anything I can do just to get my pictures off the phone? 

Lacking a regular backup schedule, it is not possible unless you can get the BB to actually function and communicate with your computer. If you had stored your pictures on the Media Card, you could remove it and use a card reader on a computer.

You might also try this...it tends to be quite drastic though:

• KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck!