Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry v 4.2.1 Windows Installer Problem

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, please help me.  My desktop manager software has worked great for nearly a year.  Then all of a sudden a couple of days ago, when I started it up, I got a Windows Installer dialog box with the following message:  The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'Blackberry 8700.msi' in the box below."  In the pull down box labeled "Use source:" there was C:\DOCUME~1\JINRIG~1\LOCALS~1\Tem\_is14\.

If I click on OK to try again, it gives the following message:  "The path C:\DOCUME~1\JINRIG~1\LOCALS~1\Tem\_is14\BlackBerry8700.msi cannot be found.  Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package BlackBerry8700.msi in a folder from which you can install the product Blackberry V 4.2.1 for the 8700 series wireless handheld.  I have even tried typing a path to the CD drive in the pull down box so that it would search the installation CD directly.  That doesn't work either.

I uninstalled the program, reinstalled it, and had the same problems.  The installer dialog box will not go away, even if I press cancel.  It just keeps trying to install as if it has never been installed before.

Re: Blackberry v 4.2.1 Windows Installer Problem

have you found a solution to this problem? I have the same issue and need help.

thanks in advance

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry v 4.2.1 Windows Installer Problem

I have not found a resolution to the problem.  From what I and the folks at our computer services department can tell, however, the problem appears to be a Windows problem rather than a BB problem.  As much as I hate to have it done, I think I am just going to let them re-image my computer and hope that whatever happened in the Windows system will be gone after that.