Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry will not charge or connect to a computer

My friend's blackberry's battery died and I said i would take a look at it. Apparently it died and she was trying to charge it but nothing was happening. When she brought it over I tried to plug it into a wall outlet and nothing happened. I switched batteries between our phones and her battery would charge in my phone but her phone would not charge my battery so the problem is with the phone. I tried connecting it to my desktop XP computer but nothing happens, my computer does not see the phone and the phone is still doing nothing. I've been looking through the forums here and searching the problem on google trying to find anything that might help and trying anything that looks promising but nothing workes. I'm fairly sure that the problem is with the phone not finding any connection with the usb chord, computer or otherwise. I'm at a compleat loss as to possiblities and replacement may be the only option but that will take a few weeks and I was hoping to help her avoid that.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry will not charge or connect to a computer

Hello JDoherty,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Smiley Happy

It looks to me you have covered most of the recommended troubleshooting already Smiley Happy You have tested connecting it to multiple charging sources with no response and swapped batteries into the device without it coming up.

One little trick you could try is connecting the device, going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and clicking on Loader.exe. (Make sure you have the latest device software downloaded and installed on the PC) Press next on the first wizard screen until it takes you to the connection screen. Next, pop the battery out of the device and reinsert it. If it comes up with PIN or PIN unknown click next and try to proceed through the application load.

If this fails I would contact the point of sale for replacement options.

Cheers!

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: 8320
My Carrier: Smart

That happened to me as well. I tried inserting another battery and it worked. The only problem is that it won't connect to the charger nor computer. I took a very good look at the pin on my phone and found out that one of the 5 pins on the usb socket is missing.so I had to bring it to the repair shop and luckily the tech guy has a spare usb charging pin.

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Vodaphine 8100 classic

Many thanks rye--exactly the same problem with nr 5 pin broken on mine--the chap in the repair shop showed me that they replace the whole input/output usb connector--25 quid job's a good un.  I have also had problems updating to the most recent software as the update keeps crashing out so I am hoping the new connector might resolve that as well.