Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry will not sync

Kudos to BGilman! I was going through the same problem of my sync hanging during the contact sync phase.

After running through an un-install, re-install, and data and sync purge, I started syncing each component one by one starting with Mail and working my way backwards through the various tabs until I got to contacts which is where my previous syncs seemed to be hanging. Everything synced fine until I enabled contact syncing where it continued to hang.

After trolling here a while I found your post about setting the connection to Serial instead of USB. I did this as you described and my contacts now sync properly. Bizarre but it works.

I agree that it's unbelievable that not only does this completely un-intuitive solution has to be used, but that it was not provided or picked up by RIM/PocketMac on any of their "Official" support articles.

Now if I could only get my SD card to mount properly. Everything was fine with OSX 10.4.11 and the previous version of PocketMac but now with 10.5 and the latest PM version it's painful. Thankfully my sync now works. Thanks so much for your post.

Regular Contributor

Of course now that I have the SD card mounting properly (well mostly - it still causes my BB Pearl to restart about every third time I connect it) I am now having difficulty getting a stable connection (or any connection at all) in order to sync. In fact I was just now (finally) able to get it to start syncing (coincidentally with the card mounted) and halfway through the process the card suddenly dismounted all by itself and I got the usual "not put away properly" message.

The previous version 4.0.20b or something was only average but this latest version 4.1.25 (I think) is so flaky I'd be happy to downgrade if the installers were still available.

New Contributor

I tried to do what you suggested.  I opened pocketmac and then connected my 8330.  Went to the serial port menu and didn't see anything there but two options for bluetooth...didn't have anything about my BB...and didn't look as if my mac knew my BB was connected.  So I disconnected my BB and then tried to relaunch the pocketmac and it hung and hung and hung.  I finally uninstalled it for about the 6th time!  I have done all the other suggested things.  Any help out there is greatly appreciated!
New Contributor

This has to be the worst piece of software i've ever installed on my mac. It does seem like Blackberry have spent a lot of money developing PC software and then £4.99 on pocket mac. Over the last 2 days i've had various freezing, crashing and error messages. It's managed to sync some but not all of my contacts, but always stalls at some point and now it wont even load, just bounces on the dock!

I've read all the threads and done everything suggested so far.

I have the most recent drivers and a brand new MacBook Pro. I've wasted so much time that if I can't sort it soon the blackberry is going in the bin and I will be ordered iphones. 

Can some one offer me salvation from this. 

PBH
New Contributor

I don't understand. Just last week it was working perfect, the syncing with my BB Bold and Macbook Pro. What has happened that it is not working anymore. I unstalled and installed the Pocket Mac again, but it is still not working.

It seems MacBook and the BB Bold are not communicating anymore. The response is "Error 3" and skipping.

How can I solve this?

Thanks 

Regular Contributor

I gave up months ago and bought Missing Sync. Works fine and no time wasted trying to solve problems with it. I haven't upgraded to the latest version yet but I will soon. In retrospect, after seeing the huge number of on-going PocketMac problem posts compared to the very few Missing Sync ones, I wish I had made the change sooner.
New Contributor

Thanks, that was great information. I downloaded Missing Sync this morning and it worked perfectly first time. I'm having none of the problems I was having with the pocketmac software. Brilliant!!

Now I can un-instal that piece of rubbish software that Blackberry send out. They should be embarrassed by it.

Thanks again Biff  

Regular Contributor

No problem, let us know how it works out. I hope to upgrade to the latest version soon and am curious about how well the Bluetooth syncing works.
Contributor

I am a new BB user; test-driving for 30 days on Verizon Wireless. 

PocketMac has too many bugs

Reconcile Now (IMAP) for Gmail is unreliable

Here's my point: I wanted the curve to work for me, before switching to AT&T for the iPhone.  But RIM simply does NOT have the software friendliness for Macintosh users.

I prefer the CDMA service on Verizon, and I highly respect RIM for delivering exceptional products.  If/when they are ready to get serious about Mac users, I will return.

Contributor

I use doubleTwist for mac. freeware, no-nonsense, no hassle syncing application for the mac. works for all blackberrys as well as most other mobile devicres under the sun, so if you have a PSP or your kid's Razor phone laying around, they can be synced to media (music, vids, photos) from your Mac. you can send the media to your pals, too or use the app to copy media from one machine to another with no hassle or brain cells being killed. you can even download youtube videos as easily as draggng and dropping the youtube URL to your MAc. Sweet way to get vids on your phone or hd.   check it. free or course. http://doubletwist.com     http://forums.doubletwist.com
----
Which is worse, ignorance or indifference?

I don't know and I don't care.