Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Blackberry without BIS?

Can somebody give me a definitive answer to this please?

I have a BB9300 3G. My contract is just about up and I'm going to upgrade to a 9360. My sister's Nokia c3 is acting up and it appears to be on its last legs. If I give her my 9300 and she puts her Vodafone PAYT SIM in it, what will she be able to do without a BIS subscription? Will she be able to:

1. Make calls?

2. SMS?

3. Access the Internet?

If the answer to any of these is NO, then she's probably better getting a cheapo PAYT.

TIA.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Blackberry without BIS?

Yes to make and receive calls.
Yes to send and receive SMS.
Yes to access the internet BUT only using the native browser because all applications that need internet will need BIS as well.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

OK, now I'm confused! I posted the same question on the Vodafone forums and got a different answer! One of the moderators said that she would be able to make calls and SMS, but that she'd have NO internet access - so which is it?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

They might be referring to full internet access. I would also say no for that.
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Generically, its this:

Specifically, only the carrier can tell you for sure.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................