Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry won't Sync with PocketMac

I have tried everything and can't get my new Blackberry 8330 Curve to sync up with my Mac. I have installed the latest version of PocketMac and tried to SyncClean but it still doesn't work. Every time I try and sync I get an error message saying that that it could not connect to the device. The USB shows connected on the Blackberry screen and iPhoto opens up and downloads my photos but no other syncing options work...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jon 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry won't Sync with PocketMac

I had the same problem, and after hours on the phone with RIM, finally opted to change from PocketMac to Missing Sync as the sync program.  Give it a shot, works great on all of our Blackberry, 8700 and 8800 series
Techno-Moron

Thanks, where did you download missing sync from?...I have a version for my old HTC phone but it does not seem to recognize when my blackberry is plugged in

You can find MissingSync here at markspace.com

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_blackberry.php

Regular Contributor

After running through an un-install, re-install, and data and sync purge, I started syncing each component one by one starting with Mail and working my way backwards through the various tabs until I got to contacts which is where my previous syncs seemed to be hanging. Everything synced fine until I enabled contact syncing where it continued to hang.

After trolling here a while I found a post about setting the connection to Serial instead of USB. This gives you a drop down menu which allows you to select your BB device. I did this and my contacts now sync properly. Bizarre but it works.

Now if I could only get my SD card to mount properly. Everything was fine with OSX 10.4.11 and the previous version of PocketMac but now with 10.5 and the latest PM version it's painful.

Regular Contributor

Of course now the SD card mounts (even though it causes the BB to restart some of the time) but the sync is screwed up again. I sure hope those recent rumours about a "real" RIM desktop for Mac are true, even if we do need to wait until next year.
My Device: 8330

Any solutions?

Running MAC OS X 10.4.11

Purchased 8330 Curve last week

Downloaded PocketMac for Blackberry

ATTEMPTING TO SYNC ENTOURAGE CONTACTS AND BLACKBERRY..... 

ERROR MESSAGE 

[03:42:01.687] Unable to connect to BlackBerry (error 1); skipping

Help,anyone.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yeah - I bought Missing Sync. No problems now.