Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry wont turn on

[ Edited ]

Yesterday i tried charging my blackberry with the same charger and in the same socket as i usually do. Nothing happened although the charger was recognised as the screen lit up, but no charging bolt in the battery picture. It later came up with a message about the charging source not being the right voltage or something although it was charging perfectly fine earlier in the day with the same charger. This has happened before but i took it in to a shop and they said it needed an update, and after it updated it worked fine. Its recently starting doing it again but it doesnt need an update. The battery soon died and ever since wont turn on even when connected to power, the red LED just turns on for about 10seconds then turns off again. Ive tried battery pulls, pressing the on button and holding it, and leaving it for a while. HELP

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry wont turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It's sounding like your charger or that particular wall outlet has gone bad somehow. To test, you need different ones of each.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................