Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry world alert!

Hi all just installed blackberry world but I have a sign at top of phone informing me I have a blackberry world message 

but i cant find it!! i go to my blackberry world tab open i then check everything for up grades etc and when i come out of the tab its still there at top of phone indicating that message hasnt being read but i cant find it!! 

any help!!

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry world alert!

Open your Messages app and find the alert message.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: orange

hi thank you for that!

Could you also tell me how do I access my contacts and data if I lose my phone?  I have downloaded blackberry protect to my phone and backed up my data.  I just want to know what do I do if I ever need to access my data without my phone.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I would recommend you do use Protect AND do manual backups to your PC as well. Both are important.

If you lose your device and replace with another BlackBerry of OS 7 and below, once you log in to your BBID on the new BlackBerry, using the very same BBID and installing Protect, you can restore the previous Protect backup to the new device.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code