Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Q5 7942
My Carrier: Idea

Blackbrry Q5 Camera does not start

Hi. I recently bought a Q5 and from the beginning the camera would not work...I used to get an error saying "the camera can't be started" I then submitted it to the authorized service centre & they said it was a software issue & proceeded to upgrade my phone to post which my cam started working (for about 10 days)

However suddenly yesterday I got the same error message back & my cam is non-functional again

Why is this happening?Is it still a software issue?I'd like to mention that I installed my micro Sim card only yesterday & prior to this when there was no sim card the cam was working fine. Dunno whether it's related but that's the only change i made to the phone. Please advise

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackbrry Q5 Camera does not start

The SIM card shouldn't have any affect on the camera, but for a test, please remove the SIM card, and reboot the device and see if the camera works?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code