Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackerry Curve 8330---I cant hear anything, but they can hear me??!!

I recently bought a Blackberry Curve 8330, Verizon. In the first couple of days, I started having problems where I would go to make a call and wouldnt hear anything....however, the other person on the other line tells me later they heard me. In order to fix this, I have to take out my battery and put it back in. Apparently, I know two other people that this has happened to on several occasions---as for myself, Ive had my blackbery for a month and had this happen at least 4x and its starting to get annoying.

Any advice on what to do?! Return product?

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Blackerry Curve 8330---I cant hear anything, but they can hear me??!!

To me it sounds like the phone could be defected, maybe call your provider.

I honistly cant think of any option in the phone that would do that. 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

This type of issues arises due hardware melfunction. Contact your carrier for support or else you can take help from RIM support if available.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I just had this happen as well.  I "fixed" it while upgrading the software.  So this is a known problem and not a problem with my phone then.  Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Thanks for the information though.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Hi lawgal173

You can try to run the application loader to reload your handheld software - instructions here.   You will need a Windows based PC, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the device software for your 8330. 

Please be sure that your data is backed up, either by synchronizing or with the backup/restore function in Desktop Manager as the application loader instructions above with erase everything from the BlackBerry and put a fresh copy of the operating system on it.

Cheers!