Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Blank White Screen Bold 9780

A couple of days ago my phone started showing a blank white screen at non-specific intervals. The problem has become worse and I can't seem to view my screen properly. The phone itself is working fine (I am still receiving calls, texts and emails) but the screen won't show anything.
I have repeatedly tried to reboot it by removing the battery but that hasn't fixed the issue.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blank White Screen Bold 9780

Well my friend what needs to be done a clean reload. What you need to do is back up your device with desktops software. then donwload and install the device software by going to the carriers site and download install the latest version of the software. Once installed onto your computer, you need close out of desktop software and go you computer or my computer what ever version of windows you have and go to program files(x86) if you see one if not then just program files/common files/research in motion/ apploader/ and run loader.exe. Now make sure the device is fully powered and connected and go through this till you hit finish. the process should clear up the issue. Perform a selective restore though. Like grab only the essentials. contacts BBM calender and what not. That should take care of the issue at hand.

I am in the process of trying that now. If it doesn't work (I would've thought it was a hardware issue) do you have any more recommendations or should I take it into a store?

Regular Contributor

Its hard to say. On one hand I would like to agree with you since you can receive and answer calls. But from past expierences the white screen usally mean a software issue. Try that let me know how that works if something changes post it. I will try to respond rather quickley.

It simply said that there was no software update to install. I've only had this phone two months so I assume it is running on the very latest software. It is certainly on Blackberry 6 OS.

Regular Contributor

ooh thats cause you were trying to application loader. Loader.exe is different, you will have to manually download the software. so go to google type in "(your carrier) blackberry device software." Pick yours and download it. Then try this KB04537 . Trust me you do not want to go to the carrier.

What is my carrier? Is that my network provider?

Is Blackberry 6 OS an upgrade of Blackberry Device Software 5.0? Or is it the device software I want?

New Contributor

i think the problem you have is to do with a loose connection with the screen its the same problem i have, when there is a software problem it gives you an error number etc on the screen whereas here it is just plain white. im currently trying to fix it but im not really getting anywhere yet.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: ETISALAT

Good Day, I have been experiencing blank white screen on my 9780. Unit still receives calls.

Can someone help me resolve this issue.

Best Regards,

Wayne