01-22-2009 03:48 AM
01-22-2009 04:04 AM
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
01-23-2009 09:30 AM
Here's what I did
1) Backed up my device
2) Downloaded the "old" software package from Blackberry's carrier-specific location
3) Using Windows Add/Remove, removed the "new" software from the system.
4) Ran the install for the "old" software.
5) connected the BB and opened Device Manager
6) Started the App Loader
7) When you get the message that the software on the computer is older than the software on your device, make the selection that instructs the computer to install the software from the PC.
8) Watch it happen. The whole process took close to 30 minutes as I recall.
But since I downgraded, my unit has not lost connection with the network (AT&T), which it was doing regularly with the latest software version.
I am not happy that I lost a better web browser, HTML email, video recording and much better attachment handling/viewing, but I couldn't afford to lose connectivity. I'm hoping that I'm not the only one with this problem and that it will get fixed.