Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blocking Outgoing Number I.D.?

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question, I'm a total newb.  Is it possible to block my number for outgoing calls?  I want to surprise someone on Christmas and don't want them to see that it's me on their caller i.d.

thanks,

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Blocking Outgoing Number I.D.?

Try going into your Phone, hitting the menu button, then go into Options | General Options. Set the Restrict My Identity to Yes.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Thanks, but I don't have a "General Options".  I do have Advanced Options but nothing in there to restrict my identity.  Probably something they set up at the company before they gave it to me. Smiley Sad  Appreciate your trying though!
Elite I

No it's a standard BlackBerry feature. Re-read my post again. Start off by going into your Phone, then menu button, then Options
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I suppose as long as I've shown I'm stupid, I might as well continue to do so and I do understand it's probably very frustrating to try to help someone as dense as I seem to be.  By "into your Phone" I assume you mean the screen that shows all of the icons.  I have one that is a wrench and when it is highlighted the word "options" appears in the bottom of the screen.  That is the only options choice I can find on this thing.  That is the one that only shows "advanced options" and no "general options".  Am I looking in totally the wrong place.

Again, I appreciate your patience. 

Message Edited by mhd518 on 12-21-2008 03:28 PM
Elite I

No problem. Actually click on your Phone icon (or it may be called Call Log), or just hit the Green phone button as if you wanted to make a phone call. That'll take you into your Phone screen. Then proceed with my previous instructions.    Smiley Happy
Contributor

Thank you!  I found it!  Sorry to be so thick.  Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Elite I

No problem. Glad to help out. Any other questions let us know