Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blocking SMS mssgs?

I have an 8330 from Sprint.  About two months ago, I began recieving SMS mssgs from users 9485 and 9114, and a couple of others that I deleted upon recieving.  In the beginning, I was recieving about one/week, then one every-other-day or so.  Today, I recieved about ten (10) of them.  When I try to open one, I get a Blackberry screen full of un-decodable gibberish.  I assume they are from marketers that think that I am able to open their advertisements.  But, they are now disrupting my daily life.  I tried to reply to one and got back an undeliverable reply that said something like "this user has chosen not to recieve messages."  But, they are sure as HECK choosing to send messages.

Does anyone know of a way to block these users from sending me texts?  I don't want to turn the SMS feature off, because my wife, children and coworkers us it to send me messages, occassionally important.  But, this 'JUNK' has begun disrupting my life. 

I have searched Sprints Support pages and logged in an email asking for help with no reply so far.  Does anyone here have any suggestions or experience to share?

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blocking SMS mssgs?

You can either contact Sprint and they can add them to your blocked SMS list, or you can create an account on Sprint.com and block them yourself (I have done this on my personal account).

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
New Contributor
My Device: 8320

Re: Blocking SMS mssgs?

When they send you those messages, you should reply by typin STOP. If that doesn't work then watch the news. They had something about it a couple days ago. My9.
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: SFR

Re: Blocking SMS msgs?

can we block a specific number at the firewall ??