Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy
Accepted Solution

Blocking vocal reading of SMS

I have recently updated my phone (Curve 9380) software and all the incoming text messages (SMS) are read vocally and loudly with a voice speaking in italian with british accent and mixing both languages. This is really annoying as this option, automatically set by the updated software (this should not be so but it is unfortunately), acts independently of any choice of audio profile. How could I remove it?

Thanks beforehand.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blocking vocal reading of SMS

Hello jonlester

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Our BlackBerry will not read our Text Messages unless we Install such 3rd party application , You have to check your application list and Uninstall or delete that particular application , If you Installed any 3rd party application for this purpose or which reads SMS delete that particular application from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete that application , it will resolve your issue.

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Thank you very much! I have found drivesafe.ly installed and, with the current OS version, just worked improperly.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hey jonlester

You're most welcome .. I'm glad you figure it out !

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.