Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bloody email!

My Blackberry 8900 came yesterday. My 7 year old tried to get it going, and has enabled the blackberry enterprise server option during the initial start up - I usually have my emails forwarded to the blackberry, and therefore think that the blackberry internet service option would hve been the right choice - you tell a snotty 7 year old he's a small git for doing it and listen to the abuse you get!! The problem is, that I can't access the email controls in the desktop manager as it is now greyed out and not available, and the 8900 itself, despite telling me that I could alter email settings later, won't allow me any options at all, so I am unable to access my emails from the 8900 - the reason I bought the bloody thing!.

Is there anything I can do - or have I got to bin the **bleep** thing and buy another? Or, can I reset the factory settings somehow and start again - PLEASE HELP ME!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bloody email!

can you give your mobile network a call ?

kev

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bloody email!

my 8900 used to have the email settings folder option as an icon - then today it just disappeared from my menu - didn't do anything! it just went - now I can't see my email settings and the set up wizard for email only gives me the option to connect to email using BES - which, when I complained to my network said I wasn't entitled to use on my contract ....

so confused!

I get my hotmail arriving as it always has, but my work emails still arrive in messages folder, but never move to their other folder from where I used to be able to reply to them!

I'd like to get me email setting icon back WITHOUT talking to my network provider as they were so unhelpful last time!!!!

why did it just vanish??????