Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 (model: RDA71UW)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blootooth Car Handsfree Kit Connection Problem

I recently replaced my BB Curve 9300 with an identical model (having dropped my old one into water).

I deliberately chose to replace with an idential model to minimise connection difficulties.

However, i am now unable to connect the new BB to my car's integrated bluetooth handsfree kit (it is a ford audio integrated model). This worked fine with two previous phones, all of which were blackberries.

Similarly i can not get the phone to connect to the integrated audio in my wife's car (again the previous phone worked fine, and my wife's i-phone works fine)

Any ideas?

this is seriously testimg my patience as an (up to now) loyal BB customer.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: talk mobile

Re: Blootooth Car Handsfree Kit Connection Problem

Hi
Did you ever get this resolved?

My Curve 9300 is doing exactly the same in my Mondeo, I know what you mean by testing your patience!
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same problem - something must have changed in the BB software.

The solution turned out to be to rename the device to which you are tying to pair your BB.  The device will come with a standard name, eg "Jabra Cruiser".  Changing it to "My Jabra Cruiser" (or something else) worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: talk mobile

I got so sick of BB bt connection problems and email taking forever to reach me I now have a Nokia Lumia Windows Phone, no issues at all with connecting to my Mondeo or the wife's Fiesta (both Zetec spec) Also email is instant, when i am in the office my phone gets the email a second or 2 before my pc, not 30-60 minutes later like BB,