Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 3 mobile

Blue light flashing

I just got my Torch on Monday of this week and about 3 days after having it a blue light has started flashing. It only flashes every 5 minutes or so and it only blinks 6 times. I don't have any bluetooth connections open, i dont even have the connection on! its doing my head in!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Blue light flashing

Hmm Certainly A Strange One, The Flashing Blue Light Indicates There Is A Bluetooth Connection Being Established

Please Turn Off The Bluetooth Then Turn Off The Device. Turn The Device Back On Then See If This Has Made A Difference.

If It Hasnt Please Try Taking The Battery Out Whilst The Phone Is On - Wait 30 Seconds Then Place The Battery Back Into The Device (Soft Reset)

If This Also Fails Try A Master Reset But Do This At Your Own Risk As You Will Lose Everything In The Phone, This Method Will Reset The Blackberry To Factory Settings And Is The Most Effective (Make Sure To Make A Back-Up Through Blackberry Desktop Software

Options > Security Options > General Settings > BB Button > Wipe Handheld
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black star box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 3 mobile

Thanks for your help, the light turned red after a while and eventually stopped! No idea what it was but at least its finished now!

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the same problem, only mine is flashing consistently as if I was connected.  I turn off the Bluetooth, and then back on, and the flashing light goes away.  It happens after I have been connected (usually to the MS Sync in my car).  Even after I leave the car, and it is shut off and I am miles away, that blue LED keeps flashing until I disable Bluetooth.  When it first happened I was worried someone had connected to my phone, but I don't see any active connections.  Is this just a software glitch?  Why would it start happening recently, when I haven't updated the software?  It seemed to start after I updated a bunch of apps.

Highlighted
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Soft Reset worked on mine. Tx