Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Style
Accepted Solution

Blue light flashing

There is a blue light flashing in the upper right hand corner of my BB Style. Anyone know what that means?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blue light flashing

Unless you have a 3rd party app installed that does other things with the LED it usually means you're connected to a bluetooth device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

I have not installed any third party apps recently. I have turned off the Bluetooth function. It's still flashing. Also my phone now toggles between "speaker" and "Bluetooth". So I can only use the phone on speaker mode.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Remove the battery and reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Do I shut down the device before removing the battery?
Guru II

Nope. Just pull the battery out, give it a few seconds and then put it back.

Guru II

Please mark the post that was the solution. Not your own post.

Guru II

Thanks!

Contributor

Thanks John. Happy Easter!
Contributor

Sorry. Not intentional.