Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blue light won't switch off

I have an 8810 and, without me changing any settings, the blue light is now on constantly - even when the device is switched off (it goes off if you take the battery out but then comes straight back on when you re-insert).

I've fiddled with all the bluetooth settings - disabling the connection indicator has no impact?

Has anybody else come across this or know what the problem is or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Blue light won't switch off

user013 wrote:

I have an 8810 and, without me changing any settings, the blue light is now on constantly - even when the device is switched off (it goes off if you take the battery out but then comes straight back on when you re-insert).

I've fiddled with all the bluetooth settings - disabling the connection indicator has no impact?

Has anybody else come across this or know what the problem is or how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

The blue light is for the bluetooth as you know.  How old is the deivce?  If less than one year old, return it to the mfg. (actually return it to the place of purchase)  Or if not under warranty, I would reinstall the software.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blue light won't switch off

Its really strange to know that blue light is flashes even when the phone is turned off!!!! I never encountered such problem. As suggested you should take the device to your service provider or RIM authorized service center for repairing.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit