Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Bluetooth Audio (Pioneer FH-P800BT)

I am able to pair, and auto-connect, my Torch with the car stereo.  The Bluetooth HandsFree profile for the phone always works perfectly.  The problem I am having is that I keep "losing" the ability to hear the audio through the car stereo unless I completely re-pair the phone with the stereo.

The phone will say the AV is connected; the stereo will say the BT audio is connected, I can start and stop the playback on the phone.  But no sound will come out of the stereo unless I have just re-paired the two. 

Occasionally it has worked for as long as a couple of days, but then the issue recurs, and no matter how "connected" everything is, I can't hear the audio through the stereo without re-pairing.  The phone will show that the audio is playing, it shows that the stereo is connected, the sound isn't coming through the handset, but it isn't coming through the speakers, either.

I will be contacting Pioneer support, too, but wonder whether anyone else has encountered this, or whether I might be missing something in the phone's settings.