Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Compatibility with Jaguar XF

I recently acquired a BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone but now find that the product's Bluettoth functionality is not compatible with my Jaguar XF car. The connection is frequently broken and the address book is not displayed correctly. Your support desk has confirmed that the product is not compatible, and Jaguar do not recommend any of the BlackBerry products. (The competing I-Phone is apparently fully compatible) I am sure that I am not the only Jaguar / BlackBerry owner and that commercially BlackBerry will want to fix the issue. Could you indicate a timescale for resolving this or would you recommend I ditch my BlackBerry and replace it with an I-Phone ? Changing the car is not an option
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Bluetooth Compatibility with Jaguar XF

What you do is up to you.

The Jag and the BB bluetooth are not compatible.

We are not RIM (we are simply users with BB who have a lot of experience) and cannot advise what RIM's internal development department are doing.

Perhaps you should call your carrier as they are the only ones who can lodge requests directly with RIM....

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
jac
New Contributor

I have a 2006 XJR and my Storm comunicates via bluetooth to the Jaguar handsfree system.  Just follow the directions in the Jaguar manual and you should have no problems.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

HI jac,

Thanks for your assistance but if JAG say the Bold is not compatible then ther is nothign that they can do to get it working...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq

I also have an XF and a BB9000.  The pairing drops and the entries on the XF phonebook appear as repeated phone numbers instead of names. 

My carrier is T-Mobile (not a great service provider).

They had a recent software upgrade on the T-Mobile website which I used and now I have v4.6.0.291 (Platform 4.0.0.183)  - the platform seems to be an older one despite the software version being a newer release.  In any case the upgrade makes my BB9000 perform a lot faster for many applications but NOT for Bluetooth connection to my XF!!  Googling around suggests that my version of software is a hybrid of somesort (?!?) but definitely not one with the latest application updates.

This is so frustrating.  I am so surprised that RIM have not bothered to fix this issue.  And T-Mobile appear to have confused the issue even more.  Its like the blind leading the blind.

I tried to go back a step in my software version to one that has been mentioned by others (and is known to work) on these forums but I cannot go back now.  Well, I like my XF but I dont like BB's anymore.  As soon as my T-mobile contract ends, I will have to consider moving to another phone supplier as well as carrier.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I experienced recently the same problem with my Jaguar new XK from 2006. My Blackberry Bold 9000 SW version was 4.6.0.162 on platform 4.0.0.155. Today I downloaded the newest version 4.6.0.301 from the UK site. After installation the platform number changed to 4.0.0.245.

Following that I cleared the car phone list (with phone numbers in the name field), deleted the phone from the car memory and established a new Bluetooth pairing with my phone. Then from the phone side I gave the instruction to 'Transfer Contacts'. After one minute circa I got in the Blackberry the 'usual' message about failure in the contacts upload but all (more than 700 contacts) where there in the Jaguar memory. So I can say that it works with a little of patience.

This was possible only with the latest software release. So I suggest you check on the Blackberry support with your phone connected to the PC (USB cable) if they recommend a preferred software version for your device.

Cheers