Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Connect in Holster

Hi,

I have a new Sprint 8330 and I purchased a blackberry holster with it that puts it into sleep mode. When the blackberry is in the holster and I get into my truck which has Bluetooth, the phone will not auto connect to the truck, but when it is out of the holster all works fine. I would much rather to be able to leave my blackberry on my belt while I am in my vehicle instead of removing it from the holster everytime. Is there a way to enable Bluetooth to still connect while in sleep mode?

Thanks for your help!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Bluetooth Connect in Holster

It may be the truck that is disconnecting. My Phone loses the bluetooth connection to my Garmin when I leave the car, but it still looks for it. Once in awhile it takes awhile to re-connect to the Garmin when I get back in. Sometimes I need to re-establish the connection but not often.
New Contributor

Well, my truck is the only bluetooth device that I have, so I dont think that it could be losing the connection to anything else, but is anyone else's bluetooth automatically connecting when their curve is in the holster?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

You may have to take it out of the holster to connect and then put it back in.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

If that is so that is going to be very annoying, I wonder why they would make it that way? Makes no sense that I can think of.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I guess when the phone is in sleep mode it can't detect the bluetooth. But you are right it is annoying.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!