Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Connection and Handsfree Speakerphone

I recently purchased 2 Jabra BT5050 Handsfree Speakerphones, one for each of the Blackberry Curve 8330's my wife and I have.  Pairing, connection and use of the unit for my wife was no problem with her Curve; my issue arises once I have my Curve connected (pairing and connection is no issue).  Basically, there is no automatic transfer of calls I make via the Curve to the Jabra unit; I must push the button on the Jabra to have it go through the handsfree speaker.  This should happen automatically, like it does on my wife's Curve.

I have contacted Jabra who indicated it was most likely a Bluetooth communication issue between my Curve and the Handsfree unit and suggested a Curve battery pull.  This did not fix the problem, nor did exchanging the Jabra unit for another one.  So I have concluded it is a potential issue with my phone.  My carrier technical support people are stumped as to what it might be as well; I even performed a handsfree wipe at their request to see if that would do anything, which is didn't.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or a similar one.  I have seached many forums across the internet without any luck.  Any advice would be welcome.  Thanks!