Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Earpiece

Who has found the best bluetooth earpiece? Please tell me.
Contributor

Re: Bluetooth Earpiece

I tried many brands and found the Jawbone to work best for me.  It comes with lots of accessories to make it fit you and it uses military technology to isolate background noise by touching your jawbone and sensing when it's you talking and not the noise.  It also works better than the Motorola unit I had as I feel Motorola doesn't care if you have trouble when you don't use their phones so they don't make their headsets compatible with other brands of phones.  Also a friend of mine bought an LG headset he likes a lot but I don't know the model.

If these two don't work then I heard Jabra is OK but no personal experience here to help you! 

New Contributor
My Device: 8800

I like the Motorola PURE H12, I've tried a lot of different ones, and so far this has been the one that I could hear best, fit and stayed on my ear best. I haven't tried the Jawbone...my husband just tried the Jawbone II, and is taking it back for an H12... 
Contributor

I haven't tried the H12 but it looks OK on the website. It looks just like the LG model my friend has so one of them may have copied the other (?).  Either way I don't own the new Jawbone and I don't buy anything when it first comes out.  My model is the first gen which is still available and works great.  I also miss my old Motorola StarTac flip phone as it was the last thing I bought from Motorola that I actually liked.  Good luck with yours.
Visitor

I purchased the blackberry bluetooth earpiece, and at first was quite pleased.  The sound is clear, with no echo, and is quite comfortable.  Something has happened with eithor my phone or the earpiece though.  I cannot activate a call with the earpiece, and most of the time it will answer a call, but will not transmit the sound.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?  Other than this, I like the earpiece. 
Contributor

Sorry.  I tried to find your headset in the Blackberry website but the only one made by Blackberry isn't available until July 1.  The only thing I can recommend is that you check to see if you didn't inadvertently put the headset into "mute" mode.  This can also be done from the phone.  Otherwise, try to delete the device from the phone and re-establish a connection.