Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth HFP Compatible

I have a T-Mobile 7100i. I am attempting to pair it with my Garmin Streetpilot 2820 and pair the Garmin with a bluetooth headset. The 7100 pairs with the Garmin but only to the point where it will bring up the phone book and dial a number. Once the number is dialed there is no audio through the Garmin to the headset. The audio still comes through the phone. T-Mobile found something about the phone needing to be "Bluetooth HFP" compatible. I can't find anything on the RIM or Blackberry site to find out if the 7100 is "Bluetooth HFP" compatible.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Bluetooth HFP Compatible

The 7100 series only had phone and address book functionality via Bluetooth. For example, you can pair your BlackBerry with a Bluetooth headset or car kit and transfer contacts if available.
New Contributor

I understand, the problem is that when the phone is paired with the Garmin and the Garmin paired with the headset, I can not hear the caller on the headset. I can dial a number from the Phone book, but can't hear it when someone answers.
New Contributor

I'm still not having any luck with the 7100 communicating through the Garmin to the Plantronics. I've tried calling RIM but they won't talk to me without paying them $250 or having T-Mobile transfer me to them. Every time T-mobile tries to transfer me RIM I get disconnected. The thing works perfectly with the Motorola Razr and Samsung Blast phones. Guess I'm just going to have to buy a new phone.

Thanks for your help