Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Mobile Headsets

Does anyone have any experience with a good bluetooth headset for my AT&T Curve 8310? Sound quality and fit are my primary concerns. I'm considering the Plantronics Voyeger 520 or the Jabra BT8040. Thanks!
New Contributor
My Device: 8900 & 8320
My Carrier: AT&T (Personal) & TMobile (Corporate)

Re: Bluetooth Mobile Headsets

I found someone that speaks my language.  Yes, I have all three. Well not exactly, but let me explain  I have the Plantronics 510 and the BT8040.  The 510 was to replace my 250V that fell in a NYC sewer on my way home from work. I purchased this because it boasted the anti-wind technology.  They weren't lying.  I suffer tinnitus and have issues with hearing midtones.  Even with the 510 I could hear the other party walking down windy NYC streets.

My 510 was... Unfortunately ...powerwashed.  Please don't ask. I'm a sick, sick, woman and wasn't paying attention when in the driveway one day.  I am all for comfort and read rave reviews on the 8040 but was still hesitant. I was still contemplating another 510 (which still works by the way when it dried out!).  What got my attention was the ability to pair this with multiple devices.  As a BES Admin/Engineer I carry a company Blackberry but I am a RE Agent on the side and carry a Samsung SYNC.  To avoid the nerd look by carrying 9,000 devices, I've lived with forwarding my phone to my Blackberry during work hours so it "looks like it's a business call". I finally gave in and found one on Ebay.  From day 1 I hated this thing.  (Purchased early Feb 08). I know I suffer tinnitus but the volume used a big straw if you get my drift.  So I went back to my 510.  Just the other day, I read someone's mutual complaint on Amazon and found (and please don't laugh) there is a tiny piece of cellophane covering the earpiece UNDER the rubber earpiece. No where in the manual is this found.  I immediately stopped browsing yanked that puppy off and paired it with my Blackberry and Samsung Synch.

I am sold, through and through. It's comfortable (not expected) and works well. It makes me nervous to use a non over the ear Bluetooth but after just an hour, you will love it too.

So in my book, either one.  Just remember the later allows you to connect up to 8 devices but 2 simultaneously.

Tracy H. Stuart-Johnson
My Device: 8310

Re: Bluetooth Mobile Headsets

jabra jx10 .  chrome or black is series 2. works great. wind tunnel tested and compact . only issue is earhook delicate . i'm a quadriplegic and don't even know i'm wearing it...

o z

in god we trust
god bless the world