Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth Sync

Does a BB 8830 World Edition have the ability to Synchronize calendar and contact data through a Bluetooth connection?  Using the latest BB Desktop software I cannot get my device to pair to my computer.  When not using the BB Desktop software the devices pair without a problem.  I bought the device after market and do not have a USB cord and wanted to utilize a Bluetooth connection.  Any suggestions?

Re: Bluetooth Sync

I have a 8830 and Jawbone.  The blackberry stopped finding the Jawbone saturday night.  I have reinstalled device many times, know the Jawbone works on other phones.  Any thoughts?  It has been working for 6 months and now I go to install jawbone, it gets through the 0000 code but never finds it.  Blackberry says enabled but Jawbone does not answer.

Thanks in advance, best Buy guy and I were  stumpped.

New Contributor

I am having the same problem described above, but on a Blackberry 8220 Flip. The Jawbone 2 was working beautifully out of the box and paired for about month with no problems. I was not getting connection to the jawbone. I thought I would try and pair the devices again. Now when I install jawbone, I can get to the 0000 code. It says Pairing complete, Connect to Jawbone. After that it hangs on the prompt Waiting for Jawbone... The bluetooth light indicator comes on but synchronization never completes. I've done tried to do multiple hard resets to phone and jawbone. Verified that Blackberry OS has been upgraded using the 4.7 software. I could use some assistance.Smiley Wink

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Here is the link with the correct rocedure to synch through bluetooth

If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.