Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth and Email issue

I seem to be having a few problems but I reckon some of them may be linked. I'm a newbie so go easy on me! haha

1. I cant seem to set up a signature for outgoing emails. Blackberry help instructed me to connected my blackberry to desktop manager and set it up from there. However the option it says to take is not there. There is a pre-defined signature that goes something along the lines of "sent from my blackberry smartphone on three." I would like to get rid of this...

2. My biggest problem is that my bluetooth refuses to connect with my laptop. Every time my laptop starts it asks me where I'd like to install the drivers but then it cant find them so it asks for the disk. After it's read the disk it says the drivers aren't available so currently I'm having to connect via usb. ANNNOOYYINGG!

I also had problems even trying to pair with another mobile phone the other day from my bold.... god knows whats going on.....

3. When I first bought my bold. I set up desktop manager to sync my contacts. This worked all well and goo until the other day when synchronization  failed and I lost all but 4 contacts from my device.... not happy. It has done this several times since.

Any help anyone could throw my way would be awesome!

Frustrated user from Downunder 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Bluetooth and Email issue

Let me address the issues in order:

1) sounds like a BIS account. Log into the website and change the autosignature in the BIS  website

2) If the laptop asks for drivers for bluetooth then its a Laptop issue, not BB. Contact the support for your laptop...

3)  Delete all contactsc using backup/restore - Advanced - Seelct Address book and press clear. Then go to Sync and resync all contacts from Outlook again!

Good Luck!

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here