Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

DFC
Visitor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: BT

Bluetooth and telephone book problems

I have a March 2012 Bold 9900 and a 2009 Audi S5 with Bluetooth.

I have 3 other Bolds (one 9900 and two 9700s) on the same account - service provided by BT under a BT "One Plan".

My phone and SIM connect perfectly (automatically) to my car every time - but the car just does not even "see" the telephone book.  The 9900 has a message displayed on the screen when it is connected which is: "SAP mode active etc.".

Problem is, when I swap one of my other SIM cards into my 9900 the phone book works perfectly - phone book and all.

When I put my SIM into another of my phones it has the same problem with the "phone book".

I contacted BT and they told be my SIM was a 2008 SIM and possibly a down level of software item.  They sent me out a brand new SIM last week which still does not give me a phone book in the car. 

Today I have updated thye O/S on my phone - still no go on my new  SIM and perfect on other SIMs....?

Has anyone any ideas if there could still be a problem with my new SIM card or is there a setting somewhere required to access the phone book...?

Any ideas would be a help at this stage.

Thanks in advance.