Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth and wifi interference

I have a Blackberry 8820 through t-mobile. I am unable to use my Bluetooth headset to make calls when connected to wifi. It will either not make the call or has lots of interference static. I called t-mobile and the tech said that he is aware of the problem and Blackberry is supposed have updated software in a couple of months. For now I have to used wired headset or speaker phone mode when placing or receiving calls using wifi. Is it true that this will be fixed or am I stuck with this problem.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bluetooth and wifi interference

You are not alone.  I have the exact same problem.  I also called tech support, but they calimed that the problem should not be occuring and that my phone or headset may be defective.  The tech's at the store were no real help either.  They had never heard of the problem and also suggested that swaping the phone out for another one might help.

Fortunately I have the ability to return my phone for another week.  I would love to know what the true story is here.

If anyone has any info, please respond.

Thanks,

BJ