Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth audio distorted

Hi,

I am using the Jabra 3030 dog tag bluetooth and the audio on this device is great. With the storm, even if I turn the volume all the way down, it is ditorted and rather loud. The problem only shows up with a phone call, music and other audio from the Storm is fine. Has anyone else had this issue with a bluetooth device?

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Re: Bluetooth audio distorted

I have the same problem with a jawbone , but i think its just the volume is high enough the headset starts clipping the audio, but not sure still troubleshooting this one.
Contributor

I agree on the clipping. RIM read this one. Even with the volume at minimum (does not go to zero) when on a phone call, which is low, not zero as with the audio player it is too high so the phone bluetooth audio is distorted and sounds bad.
New Contributor

I just aqcuired a Storm 9530, and I'm having the same problem, using either my BlueAnt Z9i or my Motorola T505.  With the BlueAnt, I can turn the volume down so it's tolerable, but the sound quality is muffled due to the overmodulation and resulting clipping.  The volume needs to be adjustable at the Storm end of the Bluetooth session.  The situation is worse with the T505.  Turning it all the way down doesn't clean the sound up enough, and when my car is out in traffic, it's so quiet I can't hear it at all.

Please, RIM, fix this or tell me where I need to go to adjust the volume.

--Brian

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530 OS .75 Verizon

I actually talked to a RIM tech the other day about this same issue and they said as they create updates in the future it will help take care of these issues. I actually purchased a brand new Motorola Bluetooth from Verizon and RIM doesnt even support most of the bluetooth headsets that Verizon sells. I definitely layed into the tech and asked him, does that make sense to you? Only Verizon sells the Storm and Verizon sells the bluetooth headsets to go along with the Storm but RIM does not support those bluetooth headsets??? UHHHHH whats wrong with that picture RIM????? 

So I am also hoping that future updates fix these sound quality issues along with the issues of not being able to use your Storm speed dial to make calls on a bluetooth headset for many users including me.. 

Just read your post and I am new to this forum.  I just purchased a new Storm and have a Motorola T505 in the car and I have the same problem - distorted audio and it will not answer an incoming call.  The T505 works fine with my old Blackberry World Addition and my personal motorola call phone but not the new Storm.  I called Verizon and they called RIM and was told the Storm is not compatable with the T505.  So I called Motorola and their support techs told me it should work fine with the T505.  What a run around and pointing fingers at each other.  Have you found a fix from RIM or found another hands free device that works with the Storm or talked to anyone else that has?

Thanks

John

[ Edited ]

Same problem here... but I'm using a Jawbone (1). Worked perfectly on my cheap old RAZR. Seems to drop connection from the phone, too. A fix would be nice.

Message Edited by SDBuell on 12-23-2008 07:38 PM
New Contributor

I have the same problem with the Storm and the integrated bluetooth audio in my BMW.  My wife's Motorola RAZR and my old 8703e both had superb bluetooth audio.  But the Storm has clipping and distortion. It works well enough to use, but still a disappointment.  

RIM needs to fix this because it's a lot easier to switch phones than cars.
New Contributor

dcavanaugh wrote:

RIM needs to fix this because it's a lot easier to switch phones than cars.

Nice.  Now, there's an angle.  If the luxury car companies knew that the new Storm nagated one of their cars' options, they might be able to get RIM to change the priority on this fix (assuming, of course, that RIM is not already working as fast as they can).  My Motorola T505 is useless to me until this is fixed.
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I believe my issue is related.  I have a Motorola S9-HD and it works perfectly if I sit my storm on something stable, but if it's in the case or in my pocket, the audio drops every few seconds making it completely useless.  I've considered switching to a DROID over it, but this phone is provided by my work.  I had the same issue with the previous Storm, and it appears to be related to the motion sensor, but I can't fix it by disabling applications or features so far.  If RIM doesn't fix the issue, it's going to affect returns eventually if they want media to be a big hit for the phones.