Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bluetooth auto answer

I just purchased the 8310 curve. Is there a way to have it automatically answer when using the hands free jawbone ear piece. I was able to go into settings with my razr phone, but have been unable to locate an area in the curve to do it.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bluetooth auto answer

No, sorry, there is no such feature on the BB.  It can auto answer when removing from a holster, but that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. It will make things interesting when riding my bicycle or motorcycle. Thats why the auto answer was so nice with the razr.
Highlighted

OK this is my first post, could be mistakes, but after reading all related posts I had to air my views.

I am a business user. Phone provided by employer.

Previous phone Nokia 6230i for which I had handsfree cradle for my car.

After considerable expense fitting a bluetooth interface, I discover the 8310 does not auto answer while driving.

I think that this is totally unacceptable for a phone like this. Very dissappointed after all the hype.

Having to press a button, on the steering wheel or in the ear piece is dangerous and illegal.

Basically, when will Blackberry be releasing a software fix for this?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

closest thing I found is this :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?KB11797
"Use Auto Answer and Auto End on the BlackBerry smartphone"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Very disapointed with BB as far as auto answer is concerned!!!

Blackberry has no auto answer on any phone.

Only an **bleep** would concider that by answering by taking your phone out of holster a form of auto answer.

Any time one has got to make any action to answer a phone it is not AUTO!

I hope someone at RIM takes note.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

jimconi wrote:

I hope someone at RIM takes note.

Don't hope, RIM employees do not monitor this community forum.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Yes there is. But your BB has to be out of the Holster for the Auto Answer to function.

Click your "Call Log" from your home screen or your dial screen (whatever your call it) and click your trackwheel (or hit menu button) > Options > General Options > Auto Answer Calls > [select your option]
Super Contributor

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

This does not work.  It means it only works as auto answer as you remove the phone from the holster.  This phone will not auto answer using a head set or bluetooth in the way Nokia has done for the past 10 years.