Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth connection to Desktop Version 6.....

Hi all,

I just installed the latest version of Desktop Software (6.....) Now I can't sync my device via Bluetooth. I followed all instruction on the BB site, but I can't get the phone and PC to sync correctly. The phone keeps asking me for a Passcode and when I enter 0000 or 000 or 00 or 1234 etc etc I get a message saying its unable to pair. I'm about to re-install the older version!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Alan

BTW....why did BB give the Torch to AT&T? I'm a verizon customer and refuse to got to AT&T because the service is so poor where I live. I would liek to upgrade but my BB choices are what I have, but new, which is not really a choice and the Storm 2, which feels like my Palm Pilot I have in 2000......you know stone age man beating the screen with a stick!! That's how the Store feels to me!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bluetooth connection to Desktop Version 6.....

In BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0, have you tried checking under Tools->Desktop Options->Bluetooth tab and check marking Allow Bluetooth connections? Then try going to Tools->Add Bluetooth Device.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

This is fustrating.......i did the above and I'm still in the same place. Except this time I discoverd that on my phione I get the follwoing messages: Enter numeric passkey for ALAN-PC and when I hit the big button in the middle of my phone I get Enter alphanumeric passkey for ALAN-PC

On the first one I can't enter my PC passwrod which is what I'm assuming its looking for (my password have letters and numbers, and on the second when I do enter it tell me Unable to pair wiht ALAN-PC.

Any ideas....I'm about to pitch my phone out the window!!!

Thanks, Alan

Forums Advisor III