Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Pelephone

Bluetooth connection

I'm using bold 9700 with desktop manager, when trying to allow bluetooth connection getting the massage:

"your computer does not have the necessary support for bluetooth functionality. for more........"

I'm using my Toshiba R600 with other BT device with no problems

Thx

Tomer

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bluetooth connection

Hi TomHar,

Can you verify that your computer has the default Bluetooth drivers necessary for pairing with the Desktop Software? They are listed in this article. http://bit.ly/aHHqkL

The steps in this article should also walk you through pairing your BlackBerry with the Desktop.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Pelephone

I'm sorry, the link is for connecting and syn to PC, I don’t have problems with that.

Regarding your Q default Bluetooth drivers necessary for pairing with the Desktop Software, I don’t know how can I check it? Is there any list drivers?

Retired

Hi TomHar,

This article should provide information on the required Bluetooth drivers as well as the steps for pairing with the Desktop Software. http://bit.ly/l3CnqS

-FS

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

I am using Blackberry 9900, Installed the blackberry desktop software Version 7.1 Bundle 1149 on laptop. Laptop is having bluetooth and it is activated , i am able to make a pair between Laptop & Blackberry. wehne i select tool --> desktop option -- bluetooth i am unable to check allow bluetooth connections and the system is showing the following message .

your computer does not have the necessary support for bluetooth functionality. for more information se the blackberry desktop software help for bluetooth prerequisites.

If anyone is having a solution on this , Kindly give.

Retired

Hi pathaksanjay2003,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Sounds like you may not have the default Microsoft® Bluetooth® drivers installed on your computer. These are the drivers supported for pairing with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. This Help Blog post should provide more information. http://bbry.lv/f4MVig

Hope this helps.

-FS

Contributor

Dear Friends

I am able to pair Laptop with Black berrybold 9900. Connecting Cable from BB to Laptop  i am able to synchronize my organizer (Calendar, Contacts, Notepad, Memo) between laptop and blackberry 9900.

When I am trying to do the same process with the help of Bluetooth I am unable to Synchronize . In the Blackberry desktop Software i selects Tools --> desktop Options --> form displace  TAB   options General and Bluetooth ,

when i click on Bluetooth (Allow Bluetooth Connections shows me in gray colour. below there the message is written.

(Your computer does not have the necessary support for bluetooth functionality . for more information . see the blackberry desktop software help for bluetooth prerequesties)

sanjay .

Retired

Hi pathaksanjay2003,

In order to synchronize via Bluetooth® you will need to pair with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software as well as with the PC. The Help Blog post I provided has all the steps to do this. If you are still receiving a message regarding Bluetooth® compatibility or functionality, then I would advise checking to verify your Bluetooth® drivers are supported by the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. You will need the default Microsoft® drivers for this.

Thanks.

-FS

Contributor

Dear Blackberry Team,

I am using Hp Probook 4520s Laptop , having inbuild Bluetooth. I am able to pair the blackberry with laptop .

when i go to Blackberry software and  Tools -> Add bluetooth device --> Add I gets a error as Varify that the bluetooth enabled device is configured for use with the blackberry desktop software .

if the bluetooth enabled device that you want to add does not appear in the list , vairfy that the bluetooth enabled device is turned on and discoverable . click search again.

Kindly advice.

sanjay pathak

Contributor

Hi ,

I am using Windows 7 Professional 32bit ,When i Right click on bluetooth icon i selects add device , Add a device window Opens, Header is Select a device to add to this computer below it is written windows will continue to look for new device and display them here.  In the box it shows Searching for devices .... Make sure  your device is discoverable. I am waiting for hrs and hrs but still the system is not showing a device. On the other side now I am able to see the Bluetooth configuration in Blackberry software . but unable to pair.

Kindly suggest hw i should select the device in widows 7 screen and make a pair and confiure it, which will help me to synchronize blackberry and widnows organizer .

Sandy