Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth failed

I am new to Blackberry, sorry if this is a simple problem and it has been answered before .... I have connected my Blackberry to bluetooth no problem and the blue light is on but when I get in my car it says 'bluetooth failed'.  When I receive a call it is asking me if I want to go 'hands free' which means I have to press something on the phone instead of it just connecting.  On my old phone it just took the call and came onto my screen on the GPS for me to take the call.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bluetooth failed

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

On your BB, you need to ensure that your car is configured (in BT Device Properties) as Trusted. Also, in the BT Options (still on the BB) for your car device, check those settings to be sure it's auto-connecting...mine has a setting that says "Connect On Power Up" -- I keep that to Yes and it always auto-connects to my car system.

If your car system has any similar settings, you might also have to set those for it's configuration for your BB.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

LadyP wrote:
I am new to Blackberry, sorry if this is a simple problem and it has been answered before .... I have connected my Blackberry to bluetooth no problem and the blue light is on but when I get in my car it says 'bluetooth failed'.  When I receive a call it is asking me if I want to go 'hands free' which means I have to press something on the phone instead of it just connecting.  On my old phone it just took the call and came onto my screen on the GPS for me to take the call.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I've got a question, maybe I misread your post.

You say you have connected your Blackberry via Bluetooth and the LED flashes blue, then you get in your car.

On my device I can enable Bluetooth but the LED doesn't flash blue until I connect to a device.

If the device is showing the flashing blue LED, that means you have made a connection before you get in the car.

Did I misread you?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Bifocals -- good catch! I actually never look at my BB when I get into or out of the car...it's always holstered, so I never look at the LED. Good catch!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................